Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 38 - July 29

Life Guard Station 26, Ocean Park, Santa Monica CA
trash collected for 20 minutes
estimated pounds of trash collected today - 6 (filled two bags)
estimated pounds of trash collected to date - 218.1
It is all about the sand toys. I collect a few every time. Maybe I should start to save them and either donate them to Good Will, or hand them out at the beach to people who are already making castles. I have done that a few times, but after I've passed them on I wonder if their new owner will keep them out of the water. There is no way to monitor or control that. I have to focus on what I can do. Which is, picking up trash, a bag at a time, and setting a time limit so I have a reasonable goal. Otherwise, I might not go out there at all. Like I have mentioned in my last few entries, there is just too much trash on the beach in the summer and it is hard to look at.
A little green man, this reminded me of a t.v. show on Santa Monica Bay that I caught the tail end of. There were people on this show I can't remember the name of, that claimed there were aliens living in the bay under the water in their space ship. Every once in awhile, they would emerge from the depths to fly around. What they did when they flew around was not mentioned. Anyway, I thought this was a funny thought and decided to pass it on. Here is a website that claims to have put a list of over 50 UFO sightings that have taken place off of the coast of Southern California. Click here to read more.
The daily water bottle collection keeps expanding.
Have you aver noticed Sea Gulls legs and feet? They have a wide variety of colors. The shades range from pastel pinks, to greens, and blues. I have grown fond of observing the color variations in their legs. I enjoy it when Sea Gulls join me on my walk. They see me with a bag, and assume I may have food for them. I end up with 3 -4 followers on a given day. This gives me many opportunities to observe these birds that beach goers take for granted, or as a nuisance because they steal food from your blanket. I would like to put in a plug to appreciate them, they are beautiful birds, and in my opinion, especially their legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment